What is Sisterhood?
We are a group of dedicated women who provide essential services for the synagogue including:
- Educational and interesting programs throughout the year
- Community service through our mitzvah committee
- Bima flowers for high holidays
- Holiday treats for Simchat Torah and Purim
- All Judaica merchandise and more available for purchase at our Judaica shop
- Annual dinner for Sisterhood members
- Gift presentation to B’nai Mitzvahs
- Our Fund-Raising helps support the Synagogue General Fund and Religious School
- Holiday gift packages to our college students
We encourage you to join Sisterhood and be part of a dynamic, vital part of our synagogue. Come socialize with warm and caring women! Somewhere among our activities is a place just right for you! Do something nice for yourself…JOIN TODAY! Enjoy the friendship and just have fun with the women of the sisterhood!
Call for membership information: (410) 939-3170 or email us here .
The Voice of a Woman
The voice of a woman is immodest
The voice of a woman chants Torah
The voice of a woman demands justice
The voice of a woman comforts a child
The voice of a woman sings with joy
The voice of a woman teaches the ignorant
The voice of a woman prays with devotion
What should be forbidden is silence.
We are stronger together. Contact us about joining Sisterhood.
Sisterhood Officers: 2017-2018
|1st Vice President||Marcia Buchness|
|2nd Vice President||Pat Wolkow|
|Recording Secretary||Pam Gwaltney|
|Coordinator for Corresponding Secretaries||Amy Schoenberger|
|Alli Baker||Gerri Brink||Barbara Litofsky|
|Sue Baskin||Natalie Dandekar||Rayna Richardson|
|Terri Broemm||Bea Kolchin||Thelma Salmansohn|
|Temple Adas Shalom Gift Shop|
The Gift Shop is operated by the Sisterhood and is open during Sunday morning Religious School (9 AM -12 PM).
Come to Temple Adas Shalom for all your Judaica needs.
You want we got it! Don’t drive to Baltimore or Philadelphia – just come see us!
Items are always discounted.
On Sale our Fabulous Sisterhood Cook book!
$15 gets you over 200 favorite recipes from our members and friends.
See Anita Weintraub to get your cookbook today!