The Outreach Committee provides programs, resources, and support that address the unique needs of interfaith families, Jews-by-Choice, conversion candidates and those in our community who feel disconnected or under-informed regarding Jewish life and practice both in the home and in the synagogue.
Our Outreach Committee:
• Welcomes interfaith families to take part in synagogue life and to learn more about Judaism, to include all generations affected by intermarriage;
• Welcomes and educates new Jews-by-Choice as well as those investigating Judaism;
• Inspires Jews to engage more fully in the synagogue community, especially those who feel disconnected or distant;
• Invites non-Jewish partners to explore study and understand Judaism, thereby providing an atmosphere of support in which a comfortable relationship with Judaism can be fostered;
• Assists young adults in strengthening their Jewish connection and identity;
• Educates and sensitizes the congregational community to embrace all who seek a place at our Temple;
• Educates and welcomes the geographic community to Temple Adas Shalom.