Religious School for Pre-K through Grade 10. At this time, the Kehillah MAGNET Religious School is open to our temple members only.
Now Enrolling for Fall 2019
Please contact Jennifer Bober for further information. Thank you for your interest in the Kehillah MAGNET Religious School!
Kehillah MAGNET Religious School Principal
(410) 939-3170 Ext 304
Contact the Kehillah MAGNET Religious School
A Meaningful Understanding and Dedicated Commitment
The Kehillah MAGNET Religious School provides Religious School classes to Pre-K through Grade 10 students on Sunday mornings from 9:00 am to noon during the school year. Additionally we offer Hebrew School classes to Grades 3 through Grades 6 students bi-monthly on Friday nights from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm where afterward students will join their families for Shabbat services to practice what they are learning in the classroom.
Grades 11-12 are eligible to serve as madrichim (teacher assistants) in the classrooms following Confirmation.
The main goal of the Kehillah MAGNET Religious School is to enable students to develop a solid Jewish identity within their families, within the Jewish community, and within secular society. By the culmination of their formal Religious School education, students should have a strong understanding and deep appreciation for the Jewish religion and be fully prepared to embrace and live according to Jewish customs and beliefs into and throughout adulthood.
L’dor V’dor (From Generation to Generation).
This goal can only be reached with the involvement of the whole family in the Jewish learning experience. The education of your child is a partnership between you, your child and the Religious School. Practicing Judaism in the home and regular attendance at Religious School and synagogue services are essential elements to fulfilling the Religious School’s mission. Together, as parents and teachers, we can help our children gain a sufficient level of Jewish knowledge and identity that will guide them in making positive life choices. Parents can help by:
- Encouraging a positive attitude toward Jewish study and prayer.
- Participating in Jewish experiences at synagogue by engaging in holiday celebrations and prayer services.
- Incorporate Jewish practices and beliefs into their everyday lives at home.
- Continuing to study as adults to show Judaism is a life-long pursuit.
- Embracing Reform ethical beliefs and spiritual growth priorities in the family.
- Communicating with school staff when you have questions, concerns or suggestions.
- Contributing to the resources of the Religious School by volunteering and performing acts of tzedakah.
It is our desire that through participation in the Temple Adas Shalom Kehillah MAGNET Religious School program, our students and their families will be drawn closer to The Temple and become more deeply involved in its many and varied activities.